I am an Assistant Professor at Department of Communication Engineering at Tohoku University, Japan. I received my Ph.D. degree from Tohoku University and a B.S. from Yamagata University in 2011 and 2006, respectively.
Email: tomo (at) tohoku.ac.jp
Address: 6–6–05 Aoba Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai, 980–8579, Japan（仙台市青葉区荒巻字青葉6-6-05 電気系1号館 621号室）
Lab Website: Laboratory for Image Information Communications (In Japanese)
- Respect everyone.
- Work for neighbours.
- Comparison with myself, not others.
My research interests are in pattern recognition and image processing.
I am especially interested in recognizing visual objects with their structure.
Also structural data, such as chemical compounds, is my research target.
- H. M. Nguyen, T. Miyazaki, Y. Sugaya, S. Omachi
“Multiple Visual-Semantic Embedding for Video Retrieval from Query Sentence”
arXiv, 2020 [paper]
- T. Miyazaki, T. Tsuchiya, Y. Sugaya, S. Omachi, M. Iwamura, S. Uchida, K. Kise
“Automatic Generation of Typographic Font from a Small Font Subset”
IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, 2019 [paper]
- Y. Nagaoka, T. Miyazaki, Y. Sugaya, S. Omachi
“Automatic Mackerel Sorting Machine using Global and Local Features”
IEEE Access, 2019 [paper] [code]
- T. Miyazaki, S. Omachi
“Structural Data Recognition with Graph Model Boosting”
IEEE Access, 2018 [paper]
- K. Ogasawara, T. Miyazaki, Y. Sugaya, S. Omachi
“Object-Based Video Coding by Visual Saliency and Temporal Correlation”
IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2017 [paper]
- Program Committee Member, International Workshop on Historical Document Imaging and Processing (HIP),  
- Program Committee Member, The 16th International Conference on
Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR), 2018 [URL]
- Publicity Chairs, The International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), 2017 [URL]
- Local Arrangement Chair, The 2nd Student Organizing International Mini-Conference on Information Electronics
Systems (SOIM-GCOE2009), 2009
- MIRU2019 若手プログラム委員 [URL]
Review Experience (newest first)
- IEEE Access
- IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT)
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research ( C ), Principal Investigator, No. 19K11848, 2019-2021 [URL]
- Grant-in-Aid for Challenging Research ( Exploratory ), Co-Investigator, No. 18K19772, 2018-2021 [URL]
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research ( C ), Co-Investigator, No. 18K11546, 2018-2021 [URL]
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research ( B ), Co-Investigator, No. 16H02841, 2016-2019 [URL]
- Grant-in-Aid for Research Activity start-up, Principal Investigator, No. 15H06009, 2015-2016 [URL]